Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Farewell Bob Manhatton~


October 23, 2014

My dear sweet Carolyn,

Words escape me ~  I haven’t known you very long at all but I have a solid glimpse of your heart and the love you have for your Bob and family.  

I am so very sorry that you have lost your soulmate, your partner, on this earthly plain but know that he is with you~ there is music playing and a fire.  I caught a glimpse of the life you shared with him through the generous words of your friends on Bob’s Caring Bridge Site.  

I read the following at my Aunt Judy’s outdoor service and I read it often when I am missing someone whom I can no longer see~  I want to share it with you~

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.                        
~ by Mary Elizabeth Frye

May God bless you, your children and your entire family~  May God hold you when you need it most and may he walk beside you as you journey into a place that you never imagined you would travel.  While God is on one side, know that Bob is on the other to walk with you into your new life.  I am praying for strength and courage and grace...of which you already have so much~  

Lunch~ coffee~ a chat~ anytime you need it.

Much love,    
Cynthia

No comments: