Sunday, August 31, 2008

Here We Go

Not in a very long time have I felt such an immediate need to write...and write, and write some more. History has shown that over time I have started and stopped many journals, and "many" is clearly an understatement. I have notebooks, single pieces of paper, post-it notes, small journals, large journals, and notes about my life's happenings written in the columns of the book I was reading at the time, notes in the columns of the many daily meditation books I own, of which I rotate through the days, weeks, months, and years of my life, and notes on my calendar reminding me of what took place on a certain day, and even notes in magazines, on the cover, and on the backs. So I guess it makes sense that as I'm always writing something somewhere, the mystery isn't so mysterious. Writing brings me to a place of expressing feelings, of being happy, sad, glad, afraid, probably very afraid, and grateful. Grateful that I can remember, feel, think, love, hold on, hold on tighter, and in the process~ finding grace, peace, hope, if only until I need to write again.
So, "Here We Go" will be my attempt to join this medium of sharing; out loud, publicly, and with faith.

No comments: